E3: Explorations, Experimentation & Exegesis

I am woman, hear me roar...5'4". Blue eyes. Blonde -- until it turns grey someday. Have lived, well, lots of places, both in the USA and overseas. As of Jan 2006, have 4 dogs, 2 cats, 3 large parrots and a horse, hence "Zookeeper". 27 years service in the military. Anything else you want to know, ask -- I may or may not answer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Too cute

Where's a camera when you need one?
I was getting ready to back-up my car in the driveway the other day, just a few feet back, as I was getting ready to work in the garages, not leaving. I had the driver's door all the way open, and Tobey was standing in the door, with his back feet on the ground and his front paws on my leg and/or seat, seeing what I was up to. He didn't move when I started the engine. So I gently eased up on the brake and let car back-up a few inches, then stopped. Tobey stayed right where he was, just walking sideways on his hind legs as the car moved. I moved the car a few inches again; he stayed where he was. I kept moving the car back slowly, sometimes a foot or more at a time, until I had the car back about 15 feet, and Tobey walked sideways on his hind legs the whole time. I wish someone could have video'd that for me...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats So Cute! I wish I had seen that!

5:52 PM  
Blogger E said...

I WISH I HAD BEEN THERE TO PUT IT ON CAMERA! You'd be proud, I've been watching the Dog Whisperer like it's my job!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Zookeeper said...

E,
Wonderful! I'm so glad you're watching it. I'm using a lot of his stuff with Tobey (and the others). Isn't Cesar amazing? I have both his book (which explains a lot more of his philosophy than the TV show does) and the entire first season on DVD, if you want to borrow them next time you're in town.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home