E3: Explorations, Experimentation & Exegesis

I am woman, hear me roar...5'4". Blue eyes. Blonde -- until it turns grey someday. Have lived, well, lots of places, both in the USA and overseas. As of Jan 2006, have 4 dogs, 2 cats, 3 large parrots and a horse, hence "Zookeeper". 27 years service in the military. Anything else you want to know, ask -- I may or may not answer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, August 07, 2006

Timing

Amb Bob's timing is an impeccable as ever. ;-)

This is kind of a running joke between myself, him and our neighbor, Garrick. It has to do with Amb Bob lucking out in being out-of-town, at work, sick or otherwise indisposed when something goes wrong around the house. Most often, it seems whenever we have a really big snowstorm (you know, the type that shuts down the Federal Government for a day or two), he's out-of-town, leaving me to shovel the sidewalks, driveway and kennel area by myself, although there have been other things (power outages, trees down, etc.).

So while he's gone adventuring in Sturgis....today was unexpected really hot & humid again. At 1:30pm, according to the local weather guys, it was 98 F, with a heat index of 106F. Much hotter than it was supposed to be today. So, of course, now that Amb Bob is out of town (he was here last week during the 3 days of 100+ weather), the air conditioner goes on the fritz. I put in an emergency call, and the guy came this evening, but the system is frozen/iced over inside, and there's nothing they can do until it thaws out overnight. So I get to be in a sweltering hot house until they can come back sometime tomorrow and fix it. At 10pm tonight it was 84F on the first floor, and much, much hotter here upstairs.

Ah, well, such is life. At least I can go downstairs to the family room, in the basement, where it is nice and cool, and sleep on the couch tonight. After I take a long, cold shower.

1 Comments:

Blogger E said...

bet you liked hearing about his bike issues :)

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home