E3: Explorations, Experimentation & Exegesis

I am woman, hear me roar...5'4". Blue eyes. Blonde -- until it turns grey someday. Have lived, well, lots of places, both in the USA and overseas. As of Jan 2006, have 4 dogs, 2 cats, 3 large parrots and a horse, hence "Zookeeper". 27 years service in the military. Anything else you want to know, ask -- I may or may not answer.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, September 04, 2006

Final Week

Well, a week from today I start my new job, working for Booz Allen Hamilton, a huge consulting firm whose major focus is the US Government. In terms of my first post-military job, it should be a pretty good deal. I'll be working with people I've worked with in the past, whom I respect and admire. I'll be back working in my primary specialty area, at top levels. I really won't be that far "out of the military", as almost all the clients I'll be working with are military, so it should still be in my comfort zone. And I'll be getting very good pay. It's nice to be wanted - I had two companies trying to recruit me, and so ended up getting offered very good starting pay, almost the same as I was making this past year as an O-6 with over 24 years active service. The upside of that is that I can now get serious about building our house/cabin in West Virginia. I was afraid that I was going to have to hold off, because usually you take a big pay cut in your first job after leaving the military.
On the other hand, the first couple weeks are going to be a shock, getting used to being at work all day all week again. Though I think it's going to be a bigger shock to the zoo, who have gotten used to having Mom around all day!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, goodluck, woo hoo!

No more sleeping in, no more naps? Better you than me!

K

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home